Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fish Story

For me, at least these days, fishing is a state of mind. If out with friends it's all about the camaraderie with the actual fishing being second nature and just the reason to get together. If out by myself I get lost in my thoughts. Sure I'll have a line out, but usually won't be paying much attention to it.
For kids tho, fishing is fishing, and they usually give their full attention to it. As it was for this little girl fishing off her grandparents dock over the holidays. Using her new Barbie rod and reel and at first getting the cast down to her satisfaction, then settling down to business, managed to hook a monster of a fish. With dad's help and a 20 minute (plus) fight they finally landed it. It's easily as big as she is! After taking a few pics, they released it again.
So now I'm thinking maybe the best way to go fishing is to be sure a couple of kids go along.

No comments: